Saturday, June 25, 2011

New Uses for Homemade Laundry Soap

While reading another's blog about living frugally, I came across an idea that I loved.  Use laundry soap as general purpose cleaner, she said, it's cheaper then the specialty bathroom cleaners you buy, and does a great job.

Hmmm? But why not?  Now, she was talking about a store bought variety that she uses, and was also pondering attempting to make her own laundry detergent, but I immediately thought of my giant pail of laundry soap and decided to give it a try.

I only just finished up the first batch of laundry soap that I had made.  The couple of dollars I spent making 10 gallons of soap has lasted my family almost a year!  We're still loving it, and I was excited...have I discovered another use for it too??  I asked myself if it could work.  Why not? It's three ingredients are a water softener, washing soda and pure soap.  Why wouldn't that clean?  I normally use vinegar and water to clean my house, and it does a great job, but I'm always open to trying a new idea. 

Today I washed my kitchen floors using the laundry soap in a pail of hot water.  It did a really great job!  Tackled all the sticky food spills easily and left no residue!  I'm going to try the super dried on toothpaste spill on the bathroom counter next, but I'd say it makes a great, cheap cleaner!

There you have it, another cool use for homemade laundry soap!  And hey, even if you don't make your own, if you run out of cleaner, now you know, you could use laundry detergent instead!

No comments:

Post a Comment

  © Blog Design by Simply Fabulous Blogger Templates

Back to TOP