Tuesday, February 1, 2011

Poll Results: Purchasing Used Items

Ok, so my second poll is finished up, and I think the results are interesting.  13 people answered the following question:  Which of the following would you consider purchasing used?

Kids Clothing (13),Your Clothing(11), Bathing Suit (2), Kitchen Items (10), Furniture(12), Vehicle(13), Shoes (4), Toys (12), Books(12), Jewelery(7), Video Games and Movies (11).

If you’re wondering, here are the items I purchase used : kids clothing, some of my clothing, bathing suit, kitchen items, furniture, vehicles, toys, books and movies or video games.  For me, a lot depends on where I am getting the item used.  I have been given or purchased used maternity clothes.  I was given a maternity bathing suit from a friend of mine, which didn’t bother me, but I’m not sure if I could buy one used without knowing who it came from.  Same with shoes.  If they are in great shape, then I have no problem with used shoes, but I wouldn’t buy a pair that was too worn in.  I have all the shoes I need right now, so I can’t even remember the last time I looked at shoes when we were shopping for used items.  Kitchen Items don’t bother me, since they all can be washed, same as toys.  I love buying toys used, since they are often a better price, and many trendy toys are used for such a short period of time.  In fact, this is the only way my kids will get trendy toys from me.  Furniture I have no problem buying used as long as you can tell its very clean.  Every time we have purchased used furniture, it has been from someone we knew.  Books : why not? They depreciate faster than a new car!  Video Games and movies? All the time! I got some used jewelery at our merge and purge party. I don’t buy much jewelery, but I would always look at used items, and most of them can be soaked in rubbing alcohol to clean if you need to.

Ok, that wraps up why I do what I do.  I was surprised by a few of the answers.It makes me curious about why you would or would not consider some items.  Especially books and video games or movies.  Are these things you just don't buy at all?  What factors influence your decision on used items? (Price, cleanliness etc)

No comments:

Post a Comment

  © Blog Design by Simply Fabulous Blogger Templates

Back to TOP